Welcome to JR Healthcare!
Sports and spinal health specialists, Bristol
JR Healthcare is a multi-disciplinary clinic of movement specialists. We assess where limitations are and work with you to address them. So whether you’re in pain, recovering from surgery or simply wanting to improve your performance, whatever your age we have the solution. Find out more
Covid – 19 Response – Client Information
We have reviewed our policy of only offering on-line/phone consultations in light of the governments move to phase two of COVID – 19 pandemic response in England on 10th May 2020. Working within the legal, regulatory and professional frameworks that guide the safe management of clients, the safety of the wider public and everyone who works at James Ross Healthcare.
Our ‘Virtual First’ approach of online consultations will remain standard practice, however when appropriate, we will offer face-to-face consultations if there is good clinical reasoning for doing so.
It is essential to balance the risk of contracting COVID-19 with the risk of not undertaking clinical treatment. Your clinician will assess the balance of risk with you during a phone (triage) consultation, and explain the rationale for offering face-face treatment in clinic if required. You will need to give your consent to treatment on this basis and the clinician will document your consent on your clinical notes.
Please note that the risk of virus transmission is especially high in a clinical setting because it is very likely that you will be in very close contact with the clinician during your assessment and treatment.
Infection Control in Clinic
The physical environment of the clinic has been reviewed and brought into line with Public Health England (PHE) COVID-19 infection prevention and control guidelines.
Below is a list of the amendments we have made to minimise potential transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
- Plinth covers have been removed and the plastic plinth surfaces are cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant between consultations.
- Door handles to all rooms in the clinic are cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant between consultations.
- All clinic equipment used on a client is cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant between consultations.
- Cloth towels have been replaced with disposable paper towels disposed of between consultations.
- A surgical mask will be provided for you in the clinic.
- All clinicians have been equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to protect both you and themselves: N95 face mask, polythene apron and latex free gloves.
- Clinicians clothing will be washed daily at 60degrees C to prevent cross-infection.
- Clinicians wash hands and forearms between consultations for at least 20seconds using hot water and soap (as per PPE guidelines).
- The timetable of consultations has been modified to add 15 minutes between appointments to allow for disinfecting of plinths and to minimise interaction between consecutive clients.
- The timetable of the consultations has been modified to ensure that only two are working in the clinic at any one time to minimise interaction between clients as they enter and leave the clinic.
- The waiting areas have been modified to ensure chairs are separated by a safe distance.
- Refreshments are no longer provided to prevent cross-infection.
- Payment can only be made using a card, and the card payment device is sanitised between clients use.
What you can do to help:
Please do not book a face-to-face consultation if you have symptoms of COVID-19 virus in the previous two weeks, or have had contact with anyone who has the COVID-19 virus in the previous two weeks.
Please arrive only 5 minutes before your consultation time, to minimise your contact with other clients.
Please come wearing a face mask if you have one, if not please put a complimentary one on as soon as you arrive (available in the waiting area).
Please wash your hands for 20 seconds prior to attending.
Please leave promptly after the end of your consultation to reduce interaction with other clients arriving for their consultation.
James Ross Healthcare
An introduction to James Ross Healthcare
"I thoroughly recommend the physiotherapy and rehabilitation provided by James Ross. The whole environment of the centre is very professional but also very personal, with the whole team always willing to help.I suffer less pain now than as far back as I can remember."Richard Noad
"I have struggled for years with back problems. Since coming to see Owen Lynch at James Ross Healthcare, my back has Improved and my suffering has stopped."Jon Caton
"James Ross has been instrumental in my rehabilitation and management of chronic pain, with his wealth of expertise and approach to treatment. Unique to James's Practice is a willingness to look at the bigger picture, advising and providing goals and a programme of exercises that structure recovery. His support and supervision of my back pain over many years has been the only constant in my recovery. This continuity of care is invaluable. I highly recommend him and his team."Sophie Warren
1st Floor Workout Bristol
01173 779 265